YUM.
Today was a day for searching through the cupboards and seeing what I could make with what was left, four days till grocery shopping, (My list is so long!) Looking around, I had tomatoes a pound of hamburger and linguine noodles to use up. so I thought I'm going to make an old classic, with a big kick!
Easy delicious fresh tomato sauce:
~six fresh on the vine tomatoes, I simply gave them a rinse and through them in a pot on low
~ 2-3cloves of freshly minced garlic
~ two pinches(big pinches) dried basil
~A dash of salt and big pinch pepper (I prefer freshly ground but any will work)
Let that boil down and simmer until it reaches your desired thickness.
Ahhhmazing Meatballs:
~1 pound ground beef
~4 tbsp Honey Mustard
~pinch of basil
~1 1/2 tsp freshly ground dried rosemary
~1 tsp dried sage
~2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper (or more if you like it hot!)
~ a pinch of salt,pepper
~ 1/2 of a medium onion ( lightly sauteed just enough to soften with tbsp butter)
~1/2 cup smoked Gouda cheese in small cubes
~1 cup light Rye bread cut into tiny pieces for breadcrumb
~2 Eggs
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, roll into large meatballs, about an inch and a half thick, brown in a pan with just a touch of olive oil. Cook your linguine, and toss with the pasta sauce, add your meatballs onto each serving, about two is enough, three if your husband is in the Army and he comes home really hungry :) This recipe should feed four with some leftover for lunch the next day.
There you have it, that's my first entry! Ask any questions if anything needs clarification, and please do not hesitate to give (kind) creative criticism, I want to be a great foodie blogger!
Happy eating!
Addie
WOW can you come home and make that for us : )
ReplyDeletehugs from MOM
Aunty Kim is coming for dinner
ReplyDeletehello Addie it looks good
ReplyDeleteOh another cook in the family I see! :) That looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteIM STARVING OVER HERE!!!
ReplyDelete